Our last one... as just us two.

Our last one... as just us two.


Happy 4th anniversary Steven. The very day I married you I prayed for the Lord to make us parents. I prayed that He would make you a Daddy and me a Mommy. Together we began praying that same prayer every single day since the day we said our vows. Little did we know it would become our heart cry four years later.

Most importantly that day we vowed to love the Lord before anything, before ourselves, before our families, and definitely before babies. That has not always been easy on the road that we have experienced. There have been many times I have questioned the love of Jesus.... but I have been quickly reminded of His love for us through friends, family, and you. You and I have experienced more in the past four years together than most married couples experience in a lifetime. There have been many ups and downs, highs and lows... but there has also been joy, laughter, and so much love. 


We have been through three deployments, months of training causing us to be apart, and countless missions overseas. We have been married for 1,460 days, but cut that number in half... that's the amount of days we have truly spent together. It really is crazy to think about actually... this life we live... mostly apart but so so together. I would follow you anywhere. I would wait on you forever. That was a promise I made to you the day I married you. It hasn't changed. 


Today marks four years of marriage. Four years of loving you. Four years of praying for you... praying for us... and praying for our miracle. It also marks the last year that it will just be you and I in this house we call a home. A smile stretches across my face just as I type those words. This time next year Livie June will be crawling/walking all over us, and I CANNOT wait. You are going to be an AMAZING Daddy... you already are.


But there is one thing you need to know above all else... you are an amazing husband. You are my best friend. You are the man that will still be by my side long after our Livie leaves our home one day to start a family of her own. It will just be you and I again, and I promise to love you just as much & more on that day as I do now on this day. Thank you for four amazing years of just us (and furbabies). It has always been enough.


Thank you for four years... thank you for never giving up on me and our precious miracle. Thank you for being my strong side. Thank you for loving me even when I'm at my worst. And thank you for loving me unconditionally (even with all of these horrid pregnancy hormones- lol). I have never been more proud to be your wife. 

I wouldn't change a thing... there is a time, a season, and most importantly...a reason. God has never been surprised by any of it, and I'm beyond thankful that I get to continue loving the Lord with you. 

I love you... then...now... always.







Comments

Popular Posts