Livie June's Nursery Debut!

Fit for a miracle...

This week marks nearly 29 weeks with our miracle Livie June. Some people wait until the last minute when it comes to decorating a nursery for whatever reason whether it be indecisiveness, lack of time, or really any reason for that matter. And any reason is perfectly fine- I know some people who don't even do nurseries, and that's fine also. But for me... for Steven... we have both dreamed of creating a nursery for four years now. I have pictured it in my mind over and over again. I have dreamed about it down to the exact details. Some of you might ask, "well what if Livie would have been a boy?" I have that nursery forever embedded in my mind as well. When you want something for SO long and you dream and pray about it for years... then it happens... well lets just say that Daddy and Mommy got right to work on Miss Livie's nursery. It is pretty much complete except we are waiting on a wood monogram to be placed above her crib. I just could not wait to share this dream of ours with Livie's prayer warriors! We wanted the theme to be something that meant something... and for me that was the country. I am born and raised a country girl, and I want nothing more than for Livie June to be the little girl playing in the mud with a giant bow in her hair... a girlie girl who isn't afraid to get her hands dirty. Steven and I love when we see little girls at the ballpark all done up with their bows... we look at each other and say, "Look... that is so going to be our Livie." We wanted her nursery to be whimsy... something from a dream, and I think we captured just that in every detail. Enjoy.





The beautiful antique french dresser came from The Cozy Nest in Attalla, Alabama. Little did we know how much this dresser would mean to us. Once we got it back to our home here in Charleston we found a card taped to the inside of one of the drawers. It was from Livie's Uncle Blayne and Meme thanking us for the time we had spent with them over the last year during their battle with cancer. It was the full amount in cash that we paid for the dresser and the words that said, "we hope this dresser will be a reminder of us...and a reminder of home." That's all it took for this pregnant Mommy to cry her eyes out. Livie is one blessed little girl already to have my siblings on her side. 



Steven made my pinterest idea come to life in an old vintage door and lamp. I couldn't be happier with it. 



This was Steven's bench when he was a boy. We painted it with Annie Sloan chalk paint, and it came to life in an instant. I love how it goes perfectly in her nursery... and Daddy's memories along with it. 


I knew as soon as we found out that this miracle was a precious baby girl that she would definitely have a chandelier in her room. It was the first item I bought, and it is fit for a princess. 


Our farm prints came from a seller on Etsy. We fell in love with the simplicity of each print, and we added a simple bow to the cow and lamb.



I found these prints from a seller on Etsy also, and the wording could not be more perfect for our Livie June. 




The white iron distressed crib was also one of the first items I purchased. I knew I wanted a vintage/country feel to this nursery, and the iron crib was perfection. 



The bedding was custom made by Debbie Park of Troy, Alabama. Her Etsy site is Cottage and Cabin. It consists of all washed linen material in vintage white and baby pink. The crib skirt might be my favorite part with the simple detail of the pink line across the ruffles. 


My Daddy and I took a trip "farm-pickin'" while I was in Bama and found the old barn wood windmill piece. It was a favorite, and I thought it MUST go in Livie's nursery.


I found a barn bookshelf online I fell in love with; however, it was not available to purchase online. Steven was adamant on creating this piece for Livie June. Let me first say that I am SO proud of him for creating such a beautiful piece. He worked hard on it from the ground up, and it truly completes her nursery. It makes it even more special that it was made just for her by her own Daddy. It is a piece that I hope she will pass on to her own one day. 





Each shelf is filled with precious things that belong to us. Hand knitted quilts that belonged to Steven as a baby, my baby book, and other sentiments we've gathered along the way. 



Livie June already has a collection of bonnets and hats just waiting to be worn!


The picture on the right is a photo of my mother on a horse when she was a young girl. I thought it was perfect for our vintage farm theme. 


You can't have a farm theme without cotton right? I love how the cotton stems turned out looking in her nursery. Beside it is the bible verse that we have held tight to and believe in so much. God really did have His own timing for creating our Livie June. And we are so thankful. 



I fell in love with curtains from Restoration Hardware that were $125.00 PER panel. Nope, nope, nope. So instead I went to Walmart, spent $20.00 on fabric + $15.00 on lace and sewed my own curtains. They are a pretty good knock off of the RH ones, and I am very happy with them. Steven is even more happy with them considering they didn't cost $125. Lol. 



Livie June's coming home gown... the precious cream bonnet was bought well before she was created. I found it about 3 years ago, and I fell in love with it. I came across the smocked cross gown over the summer while I was in Alabama. I thought it was perfect.




Steven and I are so thankful to even be able to share this amazing journey with you all. We have truly been blessed, and God is so so so good. Thank you for continuing to pray for our Livie June. I am doing well, and one of our favorite things to do is to feel Livie move... which is A LOT! I already told Daddy he better be ready for this crazy girl's dance moves! Please continue to pray for a healthy pregnancy as we move into the third trimester. So far so good. Please continue to pray for those infertility sisters of mine that are still running the course and praying for their miracles. We pray for them every single day. You are not alone. And miracles DO happen. Olivia June is living proof of that. DO NOT give up. We love you.


Comments

Popular Posts